2011-02-02 @ 00:47: inSSIDer
inSSIDer is free, open-source Wi-Fi scanning/analyzing software.
What’s unique about inSSIDer?
- Compatible with Windows XP, Vista and 7 (x86 and x64)
- Uses the Native Wi-Fi API and your current wireless network card
- Sort results by Mac Address, SSID, Channel, RSSI and “Time Last Seen”
- Compatible with most GPS devices (NMEA v2.3 and higher)
How can inSSIDer help me?
- Inspect your WLAN and surrounding networks to troubleshoot competing access points
- Track the strength of received signal in dBm over time
- Filter access points in an easy-to-use format
- Highlight access points for areas with high Wi-Fi concentration
- Export Wi-Fi and GPS data to a KML file to view in Google Earth.
- Filter through hundreds of scanned access points
Get more information and download inSSIDer at MetaGeek.
2010-12-25 @ 13:42: multi-partition-support for removable media devices
Some time ago I found a fantastic driver on the net which allows the creation of a multi-partition memory-stick. It was just the naked driver, without anything else and since Windows shows only the first partition on such devices when the driver is not installed, an easy install/uninstall solution was needed. I use the driver-loader from Guido Wischrop and created a script around that which seamlessly installs the driver and starts it invisible in the background when you start Windows. Download the complete package here.
2010-12-12 @ 14:28: New tool released: toggle Opera multi-user mode
You know what I hate most? When programs create a bunch of endless folders to store their settings under the “Documents and Settings” folder. To my mind putting this in the application’s folder makes way more sense; at least on single user systems. Opera gives you the choice where to put your profile with an option in Opera’s default settings-file which can be easily changed by hand. But wait! What when you have to install Opera on a bunch of new PCs with each only a single user on? Especially for this situation I created a small program which allows you to change Opera’s multi-user mode with just one click. Goto the downloads-section now.