Being tired of visiting the Dilbert website, right-clicking the comic and selecting Save Image As … I used Alvaro’s code as a base to begin with. The problem with his script is, that it assumes the file type to be JPEG, while the actual file type of Dilbert comics differs from day to day. Also the script is very slow when checking already downloaded comics. Both issues have been fixed by me. Feel free to check it out in my GitHub account. Create a cronjob to have the script download the latest comic automatically every day. Don’t worry if you don’t have a server to run the cronjob for you. Upon execution the script will automatically download all missing comics besides the latest one.
Currently I experience password recovery emails from Pickaface not being received in GMX email accounts. Yet, I don’t know whose fault it is, and I cannot contact Pickaface using the registered GMX account, because GMX keeps telling me that the account is misused by spammers and therefore sending mails is temporarily disabled. Although, I revoked all authorizations, changed the password of the GMX account and waited about six hours now, but it still doesn’t allow me to send one single mail. Receiving mails works fine, except the ones from Pickaface. Yes, I also checked the spam folder. No luck there.
So, I got stuck here. Of course I could contact the Pickaface support team and request to reset the password of that account. But since my request won’t be sent by the email address associated to the account in question, they’ll likely ignore that request and file it under hacking attempt. On the other hand I could contact the GMX support team to have my email account unlocked. But they only provide a costly 0900-hotline and charge you € 3,99 per minute instead of providing proper ways to unlock your account by yourself.
The background story of all this is, that I currently try to move away from GMX and migrate all my accounts to another email service provider. In the more than 15 years now of being a GMX user, they managed to let me down several times, make using their products unnecessarily complicated and provide a constantly decreasing user experience. I’m really happy that I never used their services in a productive environment.
I added JS based event handlers to allow changing the audio stream by the mouse wheel and to toggle play/pause by the left mouse button. The animation and the stream stays plain HTML and CSS.